Wednesday, October 24, 2012

ROBIN HOOD & TARZAN IN "ONCE UPON A TIME"? HUGH GRANT IN NEW ROMCOM! TRAILER FOR "PRIVATE PEACEFUL" WW1 SAGA! NEW WAR SHOW FROM "BAND OF BROTHERS" AND "PACIFIC" TEAM!

Talking to the creator of ABC's hit fantasy show ONCE UPON A TIME, "Entertain- ment Weekly" has revealed that beside the Sleeping Beauty, Mulan, Captain Hook and other fairy tale characters which have appeared in season two, which has started with great ratings, some other fictional, but not fairy tale, heroes could appear soon in the story. Named in the list are Robin Hood, Tarzan, Marry Poppins... and apparently even Sherlock Holmes was once planned to appear in the show, but the producers didn't get the rights on the Arthur Conan Doyle detective.
Speaking of new TV projects, the team behind legendary war series BAND OF BROTHERS which starred many Hollywood stars, and later on PACIFIC, are preparing third WW2 show, which will now focus on aerial battles in the Pacific ocean.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
It seems British naughty boy, Hugh Grant is going back to what he does best: he will again star in a romantic comedy. Here's the plot of the untitled comedy: In 1998, Ray Michaels (Grant) was on top of the world - a witty, sexy, Englishman in Hollywood who had just won an Academy Award for Best Screenplay. Fifteen years later, he's creatively washed up, divorced, and broke. With no other options, he takes a job teaching screenwriting at a small college on the East Coast. Although the idea of teaching is less than thrilling, he hopes to make some easy money and enjoy the favors of impressionable young co-eds. What he doesn't expect to find is romance with a single mom who's gone back to school. We can currently watch Hugh Grant in CLOUT ATLAS.
PRIVATE PEACEFUL TRAILER
The only trailer I have for you today, in this rather poor week for movie clips, is the trailer for a film which is currently showing in cinemas. PRIVATE PEACEFUL is a touching and sweeping British drama with the story set in the fields of Devon and the WW1 battlefields of Flanders,
where two brothers fall for the same girl while contending with the pressures of their feudal family life, the war, and the price of courage and cowardice! The film stars Jack O'Connell, Richard Griffiths, Maxine Peake.... And is directed by Pat O'Connor helmer of  CIRCLE OF FRIENDS, SWEET NOVEMBER, DANCING AT LUGHNASA...

32 comments:

  1. I love that there are so many projects coming out about the First world War. The 100th anniversary is coming up little less than two years.

    Hugh Grant goes back to the same formula and what do you want to bet it'll be a single mom 25 years younger than him. I think there should be more older women younger men instead of all these middle aged playboys getting their game on with 20 somethings. What an ancient cliche that has absolutely nothing of value to film anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I never really liked Mr Grant. There's something about him that makes me not trust him... and he is very weird and clumsy. kinda like a male version of Rene Zelwegger or Julia Roberts maybe.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets the heebies from Grant. And Julia Roberts, I'll never forgive them for casting that horse-faced woman in Michael Collins.

      Delete
    3. remember when the two of them starred together in NOTTING HILL? I got jeepers creepers from their kissing :)

      Delete
    4. Can you imagine what it would be like if they bred? The children would be monsters.

      Delete
    5. LMAO You two are killing me here. I snorted my Diet Pepsi all over. This definitely makes my day. :)

      Delete
    6. ah, such a shame to waste Diet Pepsi :PPP We lurv it (since it has zero calories) and we hates it (since it's carbonated and thus poisonous lol) :)

      Delete
  2. I find something incredibly annoying about Hugh Grant. Not sure what it is but that man gets on my nerves!

    I love a good war movie, especially WWI!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its his reckless behaviour, doesn't seem trustworthy at all

      Delete
  3. Hugh is too old to be playing a romantic lead, unless of course the chick will be as old as him. The chances of that are gonna be slim to none I bet. Plus, it looks like he needs eyelid surgery. A good plastic surgeon can fix him right up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. or ruin him :) I've seen too many plastic surgeons who ruin people....

      Delete
  4. I liked the clip for Private Peaceful. Looks like a touching, emotional story. I'm sure I'll watch that one eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, such stories always shake me well and touch me deeply.

      Delete
  5. Should be interesting to see how they blend all those story lines into Once Upon a Time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Netflix now has Once Upon A Time and I'll give it a go. I hope it's as good as it looks.

    Pass on the Grant film. Didn't he already do almost the same movie as an aging playboy pop star.

    Private Peaceful looks good. Historical with a good message and a good cast to boot. I do like Richard Griffiths.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it has good and bad moments, but it is generally an enchanting series, one of those the people will remember in ten or twenty years too :)

      Delete
    2. We're rewatching all the old Doctor Who series right now and we'll check it out after that.

      Delete
    3. I'm sure you will like it, Annzie :)
      I'm currently finishing WORLD WITHOUT END, and have started watching THEWALKING DEAD, and will then go onto ONCE UPON A TIME and MERLIN new seasons.

      Delete
    4. I thought about checking out The Walking Dead, but The Hubby won't watch it. It's wildly popular though.

      Delete
    5. you know, he might find it interesting in the same way as I do. I hate the zombie action, but I deeply appreciate the psychological drama and deep moral dilemmas the characters go through. The first two seasons were more about suspense. As theologist, I think hubs might enjoy all the philosophical issues that the show brings up. You two could talk about them for days after each episode.

      Delete
  7. I don't know about some of those new "characters" for Once Upon A Time. Those make be pushing it a little. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, makes you wonder which characters will be left for third season :)

      Delete
  8. "Private Peaceful" looks really good. The First World War was such a horrible time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. truly horrible, make country alone lost almost 1 million people out of 7 in total :( There were many villages and towns left totally without men.

      Delete
  9. My hubby and boys loved Band of Brothers. They will be thrilled to hear about the upcoming WW1 movie. Me, I'm not into war movies so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BAND OF BROTHERS was an amazing series, especially with the brilliant casting and with stories focusing on individual inner chaos beside the war chaos around them all. It really had deeply atmospheric episodes and deep drama. It managed to convey the message, although I didn't like the fact that they focused mostly on American army in an everpresent effort to show them as liberators who saved the world, as if the armies and brave people of all European countries haven't fought without them for five years before and brought Germany to their knees.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.