Tuesday, August 8, 2017

ANTHONY HOPKINS, EMMA THOMPSON, JIM BROADBENT, EMILY WATSON, CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTON IN BBC'S 'KING LEAR'! GEMMA ARTERTON, ELIZABETH DEBICKI ARE 'VITA AND VIRGINIA' IN VIRGINIA WOOLFE LESBIOPIC

'VITA AND VIRGINIA'
 GEMMA ARTERTON TO GO LESBIAN WITH VIRGINIA WOOLFE
Gemma Arterton will play Vita Sackville West
Literary Monday for you today, minions, starting with an info coming from Great Britain about a very lesbifriendly movie project on Virginia Woolf! Yes, I'm not kidding. Gemma Arterton is set to portray a famous novelist in a biopic titled VITA AND VIRGINIA which wants to show a different side of Woolfe. It brings a fascinating true story about the love affair between socialite and popular author Vita Sackville West and literary icon Virginia Woolf! Last I've heard Vita will be played by Gemma while The Night Manager's Elizabeth Debicki is to play Virginia Woolf. As 'Daily Mail' reports the film is based on Eileen Atkins’s adaptation of her epistolary play, which she created from the almost 20 years of correspon- dence between Woolf and Sackville West. Virginia, apparently, based her famous androgynous titular character Orlando on Sackville West which is why Vita's son called the novel the longest love letter in history.

BBC'S NEW 'KING LEAR' CASTS
ANTHONY HOPKINS, EMMA THOMPSON, EMILY WATSON, JIM BROADBENT AND OTHERS
Speaking of British drama, 'Daily Mail' also reports that Anthony Hopkins will play the lead role in BBC 2's TV movie on Shakespeare's
BBC2's King Lear will be a contemporary version
  KING LEAR! British thespians Emma Thompson, Emily Watson and Florence Pugh will play his daughters Goneril, Regan and Cordelia. Famous director Richard Eyre has also cast Jim Broadbent and Downton Abbey's Jim Carter to play Lear’s war ministers Gloucester and Kent! Andrew Scott will be Lear’s secret protector Edgar, while Christopher Eccleston will play Oswald in the story of the Shakespeare's old King now set in the fictional present with the tyrannical Lear using the Tower of London as the base for his military dictatorship!

8 comments:

  1. What a great cast list for King Lear! I don't think I've seen Hopkins in anything recently and was wondering if he was on the brink of retirement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is actually everywhere, deary, he not only had a massive lead role in Westworld (a truly amazing performance) but he also had fun in a blockbuster this summer in Transformers. The guy is having fun late in his life :)
      I'm shocked you did not comment on Gemma's dress and shoes :)

      Delete
    2. Well, I don't watch shows like Transformers and missed Westworld, so I suppose that's why he's been off my radar for some time.

      Trust me, deary, I was totally admiring those the whole outfit Gemma has on even if I didn't comment. She does wear it all so beautifully!

      I wouldn't worry about the lip balm just yet dahlink. I had the neighbor getting my mail while we were gone. The day before we were coming home, her grand baby arrived, so she flew out to Utah to be with them. She'll be home late tomorrow night, so I'll get my mail from her by Thursday. She said I did have some packages, so I am sure it's probably over there under lock and key. Will let you know on Thursday if it arrived ♥

      Delete
    3. Ooooh, so there is hope! Happy clap, clap clap :) Unless she stole it and runaway for good to Utah :P Oh, Utah will be smooching with the taste of cherries and coconuts and blueberries...

      Delete
    4. If so, I'll fly to Utah and kick her ass ;)

      Delete
    5. in Gemma's stilettos! They do look deadly

      Delete
  2. I read King Lear ages ago and I guess it will be good to see him alive through Anthony Hopkins :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can't wait to see whether he will have a court jester, his is my fave of all the ones from Shakespeare's plays :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.